Thursday, November 26, 2009

Finally! Happy Thanksgiving!

Well I finally have internet access, and although I can't match the prowess my lovely wife has with writing prose, I'll do my best to give everyone a good idea about whats going on in the wild world of the Army.

There's me with my battle buddy, Strango (obviously a nickname). We both came from my old unit in Augusta and have been good friends for quite a while. Coincidentally, we were assigned to the same platoon and are in charge of the same group of soldiers. Lucky for us, because if, as our unit was, the majority of the people in the unit are transferred in from everywhere for the sole purpose of deployment, you may not know right away who you'll be able to count on.

So today is Thanksgiving, and I am enormously thankful for Amy back at home. I'm so thankful that I was able to marry (wow!) such a sweet, lovable, and wonderful woman. She's my little muffin :) It really irks me, to say the least, that I have to leave so soon after the wedding, but it amazes me how great a time we had this summer planning our beautiful wedding, and how wonderfully everything turned out - even with my deployment looming in the fall. I'm so proud of her and thankful for the life we have together. Even though I'll be away for quite a while, it eases my mind to know that she has Mel to live with, and the best network of family, church, and friends to help smooth out the year. Thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment