Monday, November 9, 2009


Today I feel very patriotic. I'm getting really exciting about Billy coming home on Thursday. Today is his last day of training, tomorrow is packing, and Wednesday is a travel day from California to Alabama. Thursday he hops on the bus from Alabama to Augusta, stops at Mama's house and then drives home! Hopefully it will coincide with my work day, which ends around 4:30 pm. We just heard that the yellow ribbon ceremony will take place next week, in Alabama. I'm really excited about going, especially since there will be families there that have gone through deployments before, and I can learn from them. Furthermore, there will be training for family members about post traumatic stress disorder, I began to wonder if that was for Billy or for myself... Joking of course. Although it is really stressful thinking about Billy being away. All I know is the Lord has seen us through hard times, and will see us through this as well, and that is where our faith is. As far as my patriotism goes, I'm thinking yellow ribbons, American flags, and so on for our party this weekend. Actually, I'd like to give out our wedding favors since the never were disseminated on our special day. They are red white and blue seeds, wrapped in tule and yellow ribbon, thanks to the hard work of some very special bridesmaids! I'll be sure to have those out for the party. I know Billy is really excited to come home for a little while. I actually just got off the phone with him, and the typical noise in the barracks is much different than it has been. I guess it just seems lighter than normal; more laughter in the background. The boys know they are coming home!

Well, with no further a-due, I'd like the say congratulations to Amanda Moore Varela for having her beautiful baby girl yesterday afternoon! And also, further congratulations are in order for Allie Crutchman, whose wedding I'm in in April. Allie was also a bridesmaid in our wedding, and has been, along with her fiancee, a wonderful friend to Billy and I through out the past couple years. Amidst the turmoil time for Billy and I, we are not left without wonderful life and unions to celebrate! What could make me feel more patriotic than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment