Tuesday, January 26, 2010

On the road again!

I don't have many photos on my phone right now, but here's one of my
gunner's hindparts hanging out inside our truck. This won't be too
long of a post; I'm sending it via my phone from a small camp in
Baghdad where we've stopped for the night along our route. I'm
actually surprised at prevalent wifi access has been on some of these
camps, but I still haven't had the inclination to lug my laptop around
on convoys yet.. (at least not until I get a sturdy case). As Amy
said, in a couple weeks we will be replacing our counterparts who've
been here for the last year, and who just recently have been training
us to take over their missions. I'm looking forward to moving into
their nice barracks and acquiring some of their stuff secondhand, eg
fridges, furniture, tv's, so we don't have to buy those things new.

**Update**
Well, I had a lot more than this tapped out on my little phone, but it looks like when I sent this post out to get published via email, it somehow got truncated by about half.. Bummer. Anyhow, I just said it seems like the roads here are much more secure than they were when I was here 4 years ago. The civilian traffic has picked up a little, and although that may add a little to the pucker factor, it's not a bad sign by any measure. It means they feel safer on the roads (I hope). I also wrote a little about my techie desire for a flexible or folding travel bluetooth keyboard for making blog posts via iPhone. Apparenly some people much smarter than myself have figured out how to connect a wireless keyboard to an iPhone/iPod touch to pass the keystones on as if they were tapped on the screen. Iphone typing isn't bad, but a full size keyboard would be awesome.

Anyway, I'll refine my methods for mobile blog posting, so I don't have to retype another post like this. I miss all of you, especially my little muffin back on Nunan street! (I love you!) I'm praying for you and I hope to be back home in a hurry! Love,
Billy

2 comments:

  1. Who's rear end is that? Do they know it's published? :) Thanks for the updates baby, we all love hearing about what you're doing, and we miss you so much...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah Give credit to their Butt for making an online appearance! Love you Billy and Please stay safe and keep posting more updates the kids want to see pictures and comments since they always ask how you are doing and want to see new posts from you .. hilda

    ReplyDelete